ENVIRONMENTAL PHOTO COMPETITION
The Supporting Protected Areas for the Conservation of Ecosystem Services (SPACES) project of the Ministry of Environment and Tourism (MET) and Gesellschaft für Internationale Entwicklung (GIZ) is organizing a photo competition on environmental issues in Mongolia as part of the ‘My Green Mongolia” campaign. The photo competition will enable public interest towards environmental protection, and raise awareness on how human interventions are contributing to the degradation of natural resources, and how human conservation can help protect the environment.
The digital photos to enter the competition will portray the following areas and issues:
- Negative effects of human activity on the environment in Mongolia (e.g. overgrazing, logging, hunting, use of forest products, forest fires, etc.)
- Effects of climate change in Mongolia (e.g. flood/ droughts, extreme weather events, natural disasters, etc.)
- Humans protecting wildlife, biodiversity and the environment in Mongolia (e.g. conservation initiatives, sustainable forest or watershed management, wildfire or erosion prevention, etc.)
- Beauty of nature (e.g. animals, plants, ecosystems, etc.)
General conditions of the competition:
- The photos should indicate the name, telephone number/address of the photographer, and the place/time when and where the photo was taken.
- The non-commercial copyright of the photos submitted will be with MET and GIZ (for non-commercial publication purposes) while the commercial copyright remains with the photographer (for commercial publication purposes).
- The photos (max. 3 photos/person) are to be submitted as a digital version (high resolution, JPEG format, minimum 150 dpi, file size minimum: 2.8 MB) to be sent to: email@example.com.
The competition will be judged by the project staff and partners based on the following criteria:
- Technical requirements and quality (at least 3.508 x 4,961 pixels; focused/out of focus; sharp/blurred; contrast high/flat; brightness overexposed/too dark etc.),
- Artistic quality (composition, harmony of colors, foreground/background etc. ),
- Artistic expression (what the image tells you),
- Meaning in line with the competition’s areas and issues
Awards and Deadline
- 1st place gift card equivalent to MNT 1,500,000
- 2nd place gift card equivalent to MNT 1,000,000
- 3rd place gift card equivalent to MNT 500,000
The deadline for submitting photos to the competition has been extended until 12 February, 2023.
The winners of the competition will be announced on this website.
For any further questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +976 11 312282.